Skip to product information
1 of 1

Champagne Baron Albert - Preference Brut - Vintage

Champagne Baron Albert - Preference Brut - Vintage

Regular price £34.99
Regular price Sale price £34.99
Sale Sold out
Taxes included.

Champagne Baron Albert - La Préférence Brut Vintage: A Detailed Tasting Note for the Discerning Drinker

Introduction

For those seeking a truly exceptional vintage Champagne that offers both finesse and value, look no further than the Baron Albert - La Préférence Brut Vintage. This meticulously crafted bubbly hails from the esteemed Champagne region in France, promising an unforgettable experience for any discerning palate.  At The General Wine Company, we're proud to offer this exquisite wine, perfect for celebrating special occasions or simply indulging in a luxurious treat.

Grape Composition and Vinification

The Baron Albert - La Préférence Brut Vintage is a Chardonnay-dominant Champagne, typically featuring around 70% Chardonnay grapes. The remaining 30% is usually a well-balanced blend of Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier, adding depth and complexity to the final product. Grapes are meticulously sourced from premier vineyards within the Champagne appellation, ensuring the highest quality fruit is used in the production process.

Following traditional Champagne methods, the grapes undergo a gentle pressing to extract the most delicate juice, known as the "cuvée." This juice is then fermented in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures to preserve the fresh character of the grapes. The all-important secondary fermentation, which gives Champagne its signature bubbles, takes place in the bottle. The wine rests on the lees (spent yeast cells) for an extended period, typically several years, allowing for the development of complex flavours and aromas.

Tasting Notes

Appearance:  The Baron Albert - La Préférence Brut Vintage boasts a beautiful pale gold colour with lively, persistent bubbles.

Aroma:  On the nose, the Champagne unveils a delightful bouquet of aromas. Delicate notes of white peach, citrus (think lemon zest and grapefruit), and orchard fruits like pear mingle with subtle hints of brioche, honey, and toasty oak. Hints of minerality add a touch of complexity and intrigue.

Palate:  The first sip of this vintage Champagne reveals a delightful balance of richness and finesse. The creamy texture on the palate is complemented by a refreshing acidity that keeps the wine lively and engaging. Flavours of white fruits and citrus from the nose are complemented by subtle hints of honey, biscuit, and toasted almonds. The long, elegant finish leaves a lingering impression of brioche and minerality.

Food Pairing

The Baron Albert - La Préférence Brut Vintage is a versatile Champagne that pairs beautifully with a wide range of dishes. Here are some suggestions to elevate your dining experience:

  • Appetisers:  This Champagne is a perfect accompaniment to light and delicate starters. Opt for fresh seafood dishes like oysters on the half shell, seared scallops, or smoked salmon blinis. For a vegetarian option, try asparagus tips with hollandaise sauce or a creamy goat cheese tart.
  • Main Courses:  The richness of the Champagne can hold its own against a variety of main courses. Consider pairing it with roasted white meats like chicken or turkey, or grilled fish like salmon or sea bass. For a decadent treat, try pairing it with creamy pasta dishes or a rich risotto.
  • Desserts:  The subtle sweetness of the Champagne allows for interesting dessert pairings. Opt for fruit-based desserts like a pear tart or a tarte tatin. You can also try it with a creamy cheese board or a selection of white chocolate truffles.

Conclusion

The Baron Albert - La Préférence Brut Vintage is a remarkable Champagne that offers exceptional value for its price. With its elegant character, complex flavours, and long finish, it's sure to impress even the most discerning drinker. At The General Wine Company, we invite you to experience the magic of this exquisite vintage Champagne for yourself.

 

View full details