Ir directamente a la información del producto
1 de 1

Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva

Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva

Precio habitual £49.69
Precio habitual Precio de oferta £49.69
Oferta Agotado
Impuestos incluidos.

Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva: A Luxurious Venezuelan Rum Journey

For the discerning rum enthusiast, Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva offers a captivating exploration of Venezuelan rum-making excellence. This award-winning spirit boasts a rich heritage and meticulous crafting process, resulting in a complex and deeply satisfying sipping experience.

A Legacy of Quality

Diplomático hails from Venezuela, a nation renowned for its ideal sugarcane-growing conditions and centuries-old rum traditions. The Reserva Exclusiva embodies this legacy, showcasing expertise passed down through generations of master blenders.

Aged Perfection

The heart of Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva lies in its unique ageing process. This rum is a masterful blend, featuring a base of 80% pot still rum, known for its full-bodied character. These rums are aged for up to 12 years in a variety of cask types, including ex-bourbon barrels, which impart notes of vanilla and caramel. The remaining 20% comprises lighter rums, adding a touch of vibrancy to the final blend. This meticulous ageing process allows the rum to develop its rich and nuanced flavour profile.

Aromatic Delights

On the nose, Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva unfolds in a symphony of aromas. The initial impression is one of sweetness, with hints of ripe banana, dried fruit, and a touch of honey. As the rum opens up, deeper notes emerge, revealing hints of cocoa, toasted oak, and a subtle smokiness. This interplay of sweet and savoury aromas creates a truly captivating introduction to the rum's complexity.

A Flavourful Revelation

The first sip of Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva is a revelation. The rum coats the palate with a luxurious smoothness, followed by a wave of rich flavours. The sweetness hinted at on the nose translates beautifully, with notes of caramel, toffee, and vanilla dancing across the tongue. These are balanced by deeper, more complex flavours derived from the ageing process, such as dark chocolate, coffee bean, and a touch of spice. The oak influence from the ex-bourbon barrels adds a subtle hint of dryness, contributing to the rum's remarkable depth.

A Lingering Finish

The finish of Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva is long and satisfying. The sweetness gradually fades, leaving behind lingering notes of cocoa, coffee, and a touch of spice. The oaky influence remains subtle yet noticeable, providing a pleasant dryness that keeps the palate refreshed.

Serving Suggestions

Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva is a premium sipping rum that is best enjoyed neat or on the rocks. To fully appreciate its intricate flavour profile, savour it in a snifter glass at room temperature. Allow the rum to breathe for a few minutes before taking a sip, and let the symphony of aromas and flavours unfold.

For those who prefer a touch of dilution, a single, large ice cube can be used to gently chill the rum without overly diluting its essence.

While Reserva Exclusiva is exceptional on its own, it can also be incorporated into classic cocktails for a touch of Venezuelan luxury. Consider using it in place of aged rum in an Old Fashioned or a Manhattan for a truly unique and sophisticated twist.

The General Wine Verdict

Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva is a masterclass in rum-making. This award-winning spirit offers a complex and deeply rewarding sipping experience, showcasing the rich heritage and expertise of Venezuelan rum tradition. From its captivating aroma to its lingering finish, Reserva Exclusiva is a true delight for rum connoisseurs and novices alike.

Looking to Expand Your Rum Collection?

At The General Wine, we are proud to offer Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva alongside a wide selection of other premium rums from around the world. Explore our online store or visit our shop in Liphook to discover your next rum adventure.

Order your bottle of Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva today and embark on a luxurious journey of Venezuelan rum excellence!

 

Ver todos los detalles