Ir directamente a la información del producto
1 de 1

Bulleit Small Batch Rye Whiskey

Bulleit Small Batch Rye Whiskey

Precio habitual £45.99
Precio habitual Precio de oferta £45.99
Oferta Agotado
Impuesto incluido.

Bulleit Small Batch Rye Whiskey: A Deep Dive for Rye Enthusiasts

Bulleit Rye Whiskey, a Kentucky-born spirit with a loyal following, boasts a unique character thanks to its high rye grain mashbill. Here at The General Wine Company, we're delving into this award-winning rye whiskey with a comprehensive tasting note, exploring its flavour profile, aroma, and ideal serves.

A Legacy of Rye

The Bulleit brand is synonymous with rye. Even their signature bourbon is known for its high rye content. So, it comes as no surprise that their dedicated rye whiskey, Bulleit Rye, takes this love of rye a step further. Launched in 2011, Bulleit Rye quickly gained recognition, securing a Double Gold Medal at the prestigious San Francisco World Spirits Competition in 2013.

Crafted in Small Batches

Staying true to the Bulleit tradition, Bulleit Rye is produced in small batches. This meticulous approach allows for greater control over the quality and consistency of the final product. The mashbill itself is 95% rye grain, with the remaining 5% being malted barley. This high rye content is key to Bulleit Rye's signature spicy and complex character.

Unveiling the Aroma

Pour yourself a generous measure of Bulleit Rye and take a moment to appreciate the aromas wafting from the glass. The first wave is likely to be dominated by rich oaky notes, a testament to the time spent maturing in charred American oak barrels. Look beyond the oak, however, and you'll find a delightful interplay of sweet and spicy elements. Hints of vanilla and honey add a touch of warmth, while rye's characteristic peppery spice starts to peek through. Subtle notes of leather and tobacco can also emerge, adding a touch of earthy complexity.

A Spicy Symphony on the Palate

The first sip of Bulleit Rye is likely to be a burst of flavour. The high rye content shines through with a peppery warmth that spreads across the tongue. This spiciness is balanced beautifully by subtle sweetness – think hints of peaches and cherries – alongside a refreshing citrus zestiness reminiscent of orange peel. Don't be surprised if a touch of smokiness emerges, mingling with the rye spice and creating a truly captivating flavour profile.

A Long and Lingering Finish

As the initial burst of flavour subsides, Bulleit Rye leaves a lasting impression on the palate. The warming spice lingers, joined by hints of cinnamon and allspice. A touch of sweetness peeks through in the finish, offering a pleasant counterpoint to the rye's boldness.

Serving Suggestions to Savour the Rye

Bulleit Rye's versatility makes it a perfect choice for enjoying neat, on the rocks, or in cocktails. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:

  • Neat: Pour a shot of Bulleit Rye into a rocks glass and savour it at room temperature. This allows the full complexity of the whiskey to be appreciated.
  • On the Rocks: For a slightly chilled and diluted experience, add a large ice cube to your Bulleit Rye. The ice will slowly melt, releasing cool water that opens up the flavours and makes the whiskey more approachable for those new to rye.
  • Classic Rye Manhattan: This timeless cocktail is a perfect showcase for Bulleit Rye's bold character. Combine 2 parts Bulleit Rye with 1 part sweet vermouth and a few dashes of Angostura bitters. Stir with ice and strain into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with a maraschino cherry for a touch of elegance.
  • Bulleit Rye Old Fashioned:  Give this well-loved cocktail a rye twist. Muddle a sugar cube with a few dashes of bitters in a rocks glass. Add 2 parts Bulleit Rye, a splash of water, and a large ice cube. Stir gently and garnish with an orange peel.

Beyond the Basics

Bulleit Rye's bold flavour profile also makes it a fantastic base for more adventurous cocktails. Experiment with ingredients like ginger liqueur, fresh herbs, or even grapefruit juice to create unique and personalised drinks.

In Conclusion

Bulleit Small Batch Rye Whiskey is a compelling rye whiskey that deserves a place on any rye enthusiast's shelf. Its high rye content delivers a bold and spicy flavour profile, balanced beautifully by subtle sweetness and oaky undertones. Whether enjoyed neat, on the rocks, or in a well-crafted cocktail, Bulleit Rye offers a rewarding drinking experience. So, raise a glass and discover the rye revolution for yourself!


Ver todos los detalles